Field Instrument Service Engineer (Miami, FL)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting Service training to local distributors in Latin America in USA, Japan and other international sites, as appropriate.
- Respond to internal and external customer needs by diagnosing, repairing, installing, and maintaining ARKRAY medical diagnostic equipment.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through the completion of all routine maintenance, standard system checks, and required hardware and software upgrades.
- Schedule and perform preventative maintenance, technical upgrades and on-site installations.
- Respond to emergency repair requests to diagnose and trouble shoot problems, either via phone or in-person, as appropriate. Provide phone support to customers and service group personnel related to equipment hardware and software performance and service part ordering.
- Review products, design and distribute troubleshooting aids for field personnel.
- Document and distribute technical information regarding resolutions to field problems, hardware and software changes, and product quality improvements.
- Develop and provide service-training programs for assigned products to ensure adequate field and in-house support.
- Provide service support, including repair and preventive maintenance, for in-house and returned equipment and document all service activities in each Device History File.
Reporting and Analysis
- Review failure trend analysis data for each product assigned. Identify failure trends and report them to management for resolution.
- Provides feedback to the Laboratory Sales Manager, Quality Systems, Customer Service, and the Manufacturing and Service departments in Japan concerning performance anomalies encountered in the field, and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Analyzes data and prepare reports by completing special projects on equipment service issues, as assigned by manager.
- Provide feedback on improving the effectiveness, productivity or cost controls associated with the service of ARKRAY medical diagnostic equipment.
Processes and Procedures
- Review service manual documentation to ensure accuracy and current revision levels.
- Determine appropriate preventive maintenance procedures, service parts kits, and schedules to ensure effective on-going equipment maintenance.
- Maintain Device History Records and monitor modification and software upgrade status.
- Supports in-house products during critical chemistry or instrument development cycles, by maintaining and repairing critical instrumentation
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 3-5+ Years experience in the repair, maintenance, and installation of medical diagnostic equipment used in a laboratory setting.
- Bachelors Degree or Technical School (Electronics)
- Electronic and mechanical aptitude required.
- Experience of service of Flow cite Metric products
- Fluent English and Spanish skill in communication by speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational classes as required, and reviewing technical bulletins
- Performs other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- The position requires 50% international and domestic travel.