Field Clinical Application Specialist (Minneapolis, MN)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts post-sale in-service and training at customer sites.
- Participates in pre-sale product demonstrations.
- Proactively visits customers on a routine basis and make sure that our instruments are functioning well and our customers are satisfied. Take necessary actions to correct any issues.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through the coordination of routine maintenance, standard system checks, and required hardware and software upgrades with the Field Service Engineer/Technician.
- May make emergency response technical visits, diagnose and troubleshoot problems, and coordinates maintenance or technical upgrades when necessary.
- Provides phone support to customers and service group personnel related to equipment hardware and software performance and service part ordering.
- Documents and distributes technical information regarding resolutions to field problems, hardware and software changes, and product quality improvements.
- Develops and provides service-training programs for assigned products to ensure adequate field and in-house support.
- Conducts Customer Validation of instruments and present them to the customer in a timely manner.
Reporting and Analysis
- Provides feedback to the Sales team, the Laboratory Sales Manager, Quality Systems, Customer Service, and the Manufacturing and Service departments concerning performance anomalies encountered in the field, and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Analyzes data during validation and presents data to customer.
- Prepares reports by completing special projects on equipment service issues, as assigned by manager.
- Provides feedback on improving the effectiveness, productivity or cost controls associated with the service of ARKRAY medical diagnostic equipment.
Processes and Procedures
- Establishes documentation of services and procedures in relation to customer presentations, product demonstrations, technical seminars, and related.
- Maintains records of customer visits and status on customer needs.
- Maintains a high technical knowledge of ARKRAY products.
- May be called upon to perform formal trainings to field sales staff, internal personnel and customers
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in medical technology or clinical laboratory science.
- 5+ years experience in a highly related position.
- Current (preferred) or previous certification (or eligible) as a Medical Technologist MT (ASCP) and/or Clinical Laboratory Scientist CLS(NCA).
- Experience of in-servicing laboratory equipment at customer sites; experience of creating and writing in-service and customer training procedures.
- Experience of troubleshooting laboratory equipment by using good clinical chemistry and instrument knowledge.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentational communication skills.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational classes as required, and reviewing technical bulletins.
- Performs other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- The position requires 50% or more travel throughout the continental United States.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and team environment. Communicates openly with team members and internal staff.