Help Desk/PC Support Technician (Edina, MN)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the daily performance of computer systems and respond to user inquiries to resolve problems.
- Assist with installation of and performing repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment.
- Assist with installation and support Window based server infrastructure (MS Exchange, Active Directory).
- Setup new computers with necessary software and train employees on use of computer.
- Assist in implementation of new hardware and software.
- Perform support related to IT resource moves, additions and changes.
Knowledge and Skills
- B.A. or B.S. in Computer Science or closely related field. May be substituted for work experience.
- Certifications Required: A+, Network+
- Experience with Cisco phone systems.
- Certifications: Security+, ITIL
- Two years computer systems experience preferable in a Microsoft network environment.
- Basic hardware and software troubleshooting skills are essential.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Network Operating Systems (XP/Vista/7/8), Exchange 2010, and Server 2003/2008 configuration and administration preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP (layer 4 and IPv6), DNS, DHCP, Routing and Switching, VPN, LAN/WAN topologies.
- Understanding of commonly deployed networking and telecommunications technologies and protocols.
- Analytical and report writing skills using Access, Crystal, or other database management tools.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal relations communication skills.
- Be able to lift computers and monitors into position on desks or tables (approximately 30 lbs).
- Ability to sit for long period of time using computer.
- Ability to spend much time on feet and walking around the building.